Influencer Marketing Practice Lead
Ogilvy Social.Lab is not a traditional agency. We are an agency born for the Social Age. Ogilvy Social.Lab understands that social is more than just another digital channel. We cherish our entrepreneurial spirit and embrace the opportunity to rethink marketing and communications and challenge the status quo.
We are working for several local and international clients incl. Vans, IKEA, Deutsche Bank, Carrefour, Nespresso,several European Institutions, L’Oréal, etc.
Social.Lab was acquired by Ogilvy in 2013, is headquartered in Brussels and has offices in New York, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Singapore, Cape Town, Warsaw and Zurich. We are growing fast and we are loving it. We know that our success is a direct result of our talents.
As the first leader of the influencer marketing team at Ogilvy Social Lab, you will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of our influence practice and, as we grow, building a team of influence experts. Working closely with our paid media team, you will focus on developing, delivering and growing our influencer business across the agency.
Our influencer proposition covers the full spectrum of influencer work, from celebrities all the way to micro influencers and you will be directly responsible for the ideation, project management and execution of influencer marketing campaigns across this spectrum.
With a blend of left and right brain thinking, you will be results orientated and help strategically develop ‘best in class’ ongoing influencer programmes for Ogilvy Social Lab clients that integrates into the overall strategy (owned, earnt & paid channels).
His main responsibilities are:
• Responsible for setting the strategic direction Influence in the agency.
• Responsible for managing the influence team as part of the broader paid media team.
• Lead marketing and thought leadership around influence to market the capability.
• Oversight of day-to-day running of influencer campaigns, from identification and implementation, overseeing and reporting.
• Actively contribute to the Influencer strategy: recommend objectives, targets, action plan, calendar and budget
• Aligning and collaborating with the media team, creative and all other stakeholders – internal and external to deliver best in class campaigns for our clients.
• Identifying and nurturing client appropriate talent opportunities and nurturing relationships to help deliver the influencer program for clients.
• Responsible for defining to right set of technology for influencer identification, monitoring, reporting...
• Maintain and build and successful client relationships, selling in ideas and content streams in quick turnaround and high-pressure situations.
• Be able to present creative and sell content solutions to internal stakeholders and new and existing clients.
• Responsible for managing the influencer database and ensuring this is kept up to date and GDPR compliant.
• Stay up-to-date with cultural/social trends and customers’ views and attitudes.
• Responsible for innovating in the influencer field by creating integrated approaches with other disciplines by designing data-driven methodologies and strategies.
• Lead new business pitches, market reviews and competitive trends.
• Passion for influencer marketing with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field.
• Leadership skill and management experience
• Ideally a strong paid media skill-set and a media background.
• Strong interest and affinity for interest for data and analytics
• Be able to demonstrate experience in building consistently productive relationships.
• The ability to remain optimistic under pressure.
• Strong experience of key stakeholder management.
• A creative outlook with the ability to achieve the full potential from projects, keeping abreast of and utilising new industry developments and technology.
• Self-motivated, action-oriented and ambitious with a positive "can-do" attitude
• A keen interest in all things social/PR and an avid follower of relevant news & trends.