Paid Media Director
Ogilvy Social.Lab is looking for for a motivated Paid Digital Director, based in our HQ in Brussels.
ABOUT OGILVY SOCIAL.LAB
Ogilvy Social.Lab is not a traditional agency. We are an agency born for the Social Age. Ogilvy Social.Lab understands that social is more than just another digital channel. We cherish our entrepreneurial spirit and embrace the opportunity to rethink marketing and communications and challenge the status quo.
We are working for several local and international clients incl. Vans, IKEA, Coca-Cola, Deutsche Bank, Carrefour, Nespresso, BMW, several European Institutions, L’Oréal, etc. Social.Lab was acquired by Ogilvy in 2013, has 10 offices and is headquartered in Brussels. We are growing fast and we are loving it. We know that our success is a direct result of our talents.
We are looking for a talented Paid Digital Director passionate about media strategy and marketing performance on digital who has a deep understanding of advertising options across search, programmatic, social, marketplaces, online video, etc. Over the past years, Ogilvy Social Lab has expanded its media offering beyond Social and we are looking for a Director role to drive client work and new business for non-social paid workstreams. As part of our HQ team, you will have the opportunity to work on multi-market assignments as well as contribute to the network growth through some HQ-led projects.
You will also have the opportunity to work closely with our in-house creative team to create deeply integrated system & story campaigns. This role is for an experienced profile and orchestrator who integrates both analytical and creative thinking to produce an optimal digital media strategy for a client’s paid media needs. As well as delivering strategy and plans which cover key elements (inspired by expertise and data), there is also the opportunity to thread innovation, testing and learning agendas and creativity into the solutions.
The candidate should also have a track record in analysis and delivering strong media recommendations to clients, possess well defined strategic skills and the ability to collaborate & coach multiple external stakeholders and team members. Very importantly, you are able to build strong relationships and foster good team spirit with both clients and members of the agency to bring great ideas and media work to life.
The main responsibilities are:
• Manage cross-clients paid teams, including Strategists and Campaign Managers
• Work together with the management to identify and grow incremental business opportunities
• Develop paid digital strategies for new business (e.g. pitches)
• Lead the development and execution framework of innovative paid digital media plans across key clients
• Recommend innovative strategic and media tactics consistent with media and content briefing
•Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors (Google, Amazon, Teads, etc.)
• Develop, train, coach and motivate teams
• Proactively seek out for media opportunities and/or industry news to develop sharp and up-to-date approach to media planning, and disseminate across the team
• Develop thought-leadership and vulgarize/provide owned POVs to clients and partners
• Proactively seek out to design effective media cases
• Punctually collaborate and/or support other Ogilvy Social Lab markets on big assignments and projects when required.
• Fluent in English
• Education: min. Bachelor’s degree in Advertising or Communications
• Work experience: 6-10 years of experience in digital media planning, including 2 years management experience required
• Large agency experience preferred
• Very strong experience in developing robust, creative, innovative and sharp paid digital strategies and media plans
• Strong understanding of digital landscape and how/where bridges are built between channels
• Strong team management and coordination
• Extensive experience in writing and presenting relevant information
• Ability to evaluate, design and execute streamlined processes across clients and within the group
• Ability to stimulate and motivate junior talents team and develop team skills and careers
• Strong track of record of business growth and incremental scope conversions
• Strong technical knowledge of paid social tools and external vendors
• Very good experience in client management
• Fulltime job within a growing and trendsetting advertising agency
• Working at the agency appointed “best place to work” in MM 2020 awards
• Attractive package and benefits
• Continuous trainings
• Career conversation and growing opportunities
• Very good work atmosphere
HOW TO APPLY
• Please submit your application on https://belgiumcareers-ogilvy.icims.com/jobs
• For any question, you can contact our Recruitment Officers Lisa Cipers at email@example.com.