IPA Foundation Certificate for jr accounts
30 hrs of online learning for €450 excl VAT
Deadline subscriptions: 25/04
Written exam: 27/06 & 26/09
Here is a short recap of the programme:
The course, offered by the IPA in association with the EACA, is the definitive programme for newcomers who are ambitious to move to the next level. It’s a super-concentrated opportunity to gain an overview of the whole industry with just 30 hours of flexible online learning.
- Format: 30 hours of online learning via any device or the IPA app, culminating in a three-hour written online exam.
- Audience: For anyone with less than a year’s experience in an advertising, marketing or communications role; from recent graduates to newcomers from other industries.
- Deadline Subscriptions: 25 April 2022
- Exam date: 27 June and 26 September 2022
- Fee: 450eur (+VAT if applicable)
Content: Seven modules covering the entire brand communications process:
- Module 1: The Business of Creativity - A celebration of its role in the communications industry and the wider business community; its history, evolution and future.
- Module 2: The Communications Landscape - The transformation of the communications landscape, the fragmentation of the industry and the consequential re-structuring of agency models. With particular focus on the impact of new players such as Facebook and Twitter and the industry’s effect on the economy and culture.
- Module 3: Client and Agency Roles - Understanding the pivotal client/agency relationship from three different vantage points: (1) from the client’s perspective, in particular the role of the CMO; (2) how the agency responds, prioritises and meets client needs; (3) through the necessary processes and paperwork that underpin best practice.
- Module 4: Theories, Tools and Techniques - An overview of the key theories, techniques and tools used by today’s marketers and agencies, such as behavioural economics, the roles of memory and data, and the planning cycle.
- Module 5: Communications Review - An examination of the role of media to inspire and enhance the creative process, showcasing the impact of different types of media.
- Module 6: The Creative Development Process - A summary of the two strands of the creative development process: (1) fostering creativity in your everyday environment; (2) the actual work process from receipt of client brief, to internal agency brief, and to the art of creative feedback.
- Module 7: Evaluating Effectiveness - An introduction to the critical importance of advertising effectiveness and how the IPA, through its Effectiveness Awards and thought leadership, has championed agency expertise in its delivery, evaluation and measurement.
Please subscribe via the EACA platform