AdaStone Legal Day - Part 1
Anyone involved in the creative part of a campaign, such as accounts, content marketeers, graphic designers, copywriters, …
- You create audio-visual works for an advertising or communication campaign which includes image rights, works and performances by authors, actors and other rightsowners
- You are taking part in a pitch and wish to propose original ideas, using gifs, memes, lookalikes, ….
- Your team is working on an innovative campaign to promote alcohol, cars, cosmetics, … struggling with legal uncertainty
- Before proposing it to your client, you would like to check the availability of a new brand name or a domain name.
We will focus during this part of the legal day on all essential and important elements to get your ad cleared.
- Is it allowed to use names and images of famous people without obtaining their permission?
- How do I know if a slogan or branding is still available on the market, without violating third party rights?
- What do we need to do to legally use music in an audio-visual work?
- May I use a similar idea for a campaign already used by a competitor?
- Is it allowed to make a comparison with a product or service of a competitor in a campaign and what are the conditions for this?
- May monuments such as the Eiffel tower, the Atomium, ... be visible in the background in visual?