For senior strategists, we are proud to showcase a very popular APG seminar from the UK in Brussels. The brilliant Rachel Murphy hosts a fast paced, one day rally tour around the financials and the business issues that drive clients' thinking and decision making - critically important to understand for all senior planners.
Rachel Murphy is the founding partner of RJM Consulting. Having previously worked for both blue-chip quoted companies and private equity businesses, she established her own consulting business to provide advisory services to Board-level executives of a wide range of companies. Typical projects include company valuations for acquisitions, fund-raising advice and corporate structuring for small and mid-cap companies.
We invite Strategy Directors and Senior Planners to join us on Tuesday March 21st at the ACC offices, for this “mini-MBA in a day”. You will be teamed up with planners with a variety of backgrounds, from different agencies, and coached by Rachel Murphy.
- To improve your understanding of the financial dynamics and internal decision-making processes of client companies
- To improve your ability to interpret client’s business strategy and service the client company’s needs
- To help you to identify, grow and measure value opportunities.
- To strengthen your negotiating and leadership skills
1. What drives your client companies?
- Who owns the business?
- What do shareholders want? What is shareholder value?
- Who are the key business drivers and how do they make their decisions?
2. Finance as the language of Business
- Understanding the principles of Financial Accounts
- Profit versus Capital versus Cash – getting the balance right
- How to spot the key value drivers?
- How to communicate the long term benefits of marketing and advertising?
3. Business Information
- Identifying the current critical business issues facing your client
- How to readily access information about your client
- Short-cuts for high speed research
- Using ratio analysis and KPIs
4. Measuring Shareholder Value
- Can you put a number on the value you create for your client?
- How to value companies?
- Market capitalisation and Profit Multiples
- Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
5. Strategic Selling
- Becoming a trusted Advisor
- Scenario planning
- Putting business strategy into practice
Multiple subscriptions by the same agency are eligible for a discount:
- First person: 675€+ VAT
- Second person: 500€+ VAT
EFFIE RECOMMENDED: this training is valuable for building your EFFIE case.